Saturday, December 3, 2016

Book Review #15: Bubblegum: The History of Plastic Pop

***Note:  This book is not in the public domain.  --Tim

In this post I'm finally reviewing a non-fiction book which is related to my other big hobby is my music  collection. The book is Bubblegum: The History Of Plastic Pop by Nick Brownlee. It tells about bubblegum or "manufactured pop" from the 1950's through the 1990's and beyond. It talks about around 200 groups mainly from the UK and US, but there are a few from other countries that he talks about in the book. He also talks about early seasons of Pop Idle and American Idle.

I read the Nook version of the book and the rating reflects my opinions of the layout of the book. He has a lot of good information about the groups and the managers and producers. My only problem is the layout as I said above. He will be talking of one group or artist and finish a paragraph and then write about one or two other groups and at times I found myself lost for a little bit when he returns until he shows the name of the group. This isn't once or twice in the book, but throughout the entire book.

You may have noticed that I changed the name of this blog from Tim's Reviews to Tim's Book Reviews. I did this to point out that I post only book reviews and short story reviews in this blog and no music or movies that I suggested in my first post to the blog. I have also made it so just about anybody can leave comments below.

Purchase Links:
You can purchase this book either as an ebook or paperback at the following links:



Tim's Rating:  ***
(Three out of five stars)


I'm off to read another book. Check back periodically for more book reviews.




No comments:

Post a Comment