Saturday, January 14, 2017

Book Review #21: Thrillers: 100 Must Reads

***Note:  This book is not in the public domain.  --Tim

Do you like to read books, but don’t know what to read that won’t bore you to death? Then I just read a book that might point you to books that won’t bore you, but will make you not want to put them down. Thrillers: 100 Must Reads edited by David Morell and Hank Wagner could very well point you to books and authors that you never heard of before. When you hear thriller, you probably think of books like those written by Tom Clancy. His books are considered to be techno-thrillers. This book is a compilation of essays written by members of International Thriller Writers (ITW) that inspired their writing. These vary in the type of thriller such as international thriller, spy thriller, romance thriller, military thriller and legal thriller among others. The list includes books written from as far back as 1500 B.C. through 2003.

This is a book I came across while browsing in the non-fiction section of the library one day last month. I decided to check it out to read. It talks about several authors that I never heard of before and also has some books that I’ve read years ago that are considered to be thrillers. I didn’t realize it back then. It has given me a list of authors, including the ones that wrote the essays, and books to read. This list is in the hundreds or thousands. I probably won’t have time to read them all but I’ll start reading them one book at a time. At least I know I have a good list to select from as long as I can find the books.

Purchase Links:

This book can be purchased in various formats from the following sites:



Tim’s Rating: *****
(Five out of five stars)


 I’m off to read another book. Check back periodically for more book reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment