Friday, January 27, 2017

Book Review #23: No Good Deed

***Note:  This book is not in the public domain.  --Tim

No Good Deed is the first book in the Mark Taylor series by M.P. McDonald. Mark Taylor is a photographer that bought an old camera at an Afghanistan bazaar while he was helping out a friend by taking photographs of women and children in Afghanistan for a book his friend was writing. After he got back home in Chicago he decided to clean up the camera and test it out by taking pictures of everyday items in Chicago. When he developed the film he discovered a couple pictures on it that weren’t what he took the subject that he photographed. Instead it was about a violent crime or disaster that was going to happen in the near future. That night he had a dream about what those pictures portrayed. He discovered that he could change the picture by going and preventing the incident from happening. He had developed some pictures the day before 9/11 which included some of the disaster. He dreamed about the disaster that night and called several federal agencies that morning to alert them about the disaster before it happened. Nobody believed him until after the disaster. Around a year later after saving the life of a toddler that was depicted of one of these pictures, he was arrested by the FBI that wouldn’t believe what he told them about the pictures and dreams. They ended up declaring him as an enemy combatant and moved him a maximum security military prison.

I could write more about the story here, but instead I’ll give you links below for sites that you can purchase the book.

I really like this book and makes me want to read the rest of the books in this series and other series that she wrote. This is the first book that I’ve read by this author. I came across links for this book one day from a daily email I get informing me of free and low priced books for that day on various sites. This one was for free, so I downloaded it from Barnes and Noble and downloaded onto my Nook. That was around two years ago an I finally got around to reading it. I’m glad I did read it now!

Purchase Links:
You can purchase this book in various formats from the following sites:



Tim’s Rating: *****
(Five out of five stars)


I’m off to read another book. Check back periodically for more book reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment