Saturday, January 21, 2017

Book Review #22: Storm Flight

***Note:  This book is not in the public domain.  --Tim

Storm Flight is the fifth book in the Wings of War series by Mark Berent. It takes place during the later part of the Vietnam War, during the Linebacker and Linebacker II operations. This novel is about a very small and secretive group authorized by President Nixon to investigate and provide proof that there were some American prisoners of war (POWs) that weren’t on any of the lists that were given to the U.S. officials that had knowledge of sensitive information that could jeopardize national security. It was believed that these POWs were being sent to the Soviet Union.

After I became a Sergeant in the U.S. Air Force back in the mid eighties, I had to take two tests almost every year for promotion. One of these tests covered Air Force history and regulations. Part of the history included some of the operations during the Vietnam War including both Linebacker. This novel took me back to what I studied for those tests and added some other adventure and suspense to my memories. It was the first book I read by Mark Berent and the way it was written makes my want to read more of books. I checked on my library’s catalog and none of his books are listed on it, so I’ll keep watch for them at thrift stores and nearby library sales including the one where I came across this book.

Purchase Links:

You can purchase this book in various formats from the following sites:



Tim’s Rating: *****
(Five out of five stars)

I’m off to read another book. Check back periodically for more book reviews.


No comments:

Post a Comment